Arugula, Beet & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
2 lbs. red beets
4 oz. goat cheese
12 oz. baby arugula lettuce
Walnuts, chopped, roasted
1/4 cup Olio Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 small shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ - ¾ cup Olio Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Wash and remove dirt from the beets. In a large pot, cover with cold water. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove lid, continue to boil until tender (should be able to pierce straight through with a sharp knife).
- Allow the beets to cool. Remove skins. Dice into small pieces (1/4 inch).
- Arrange lettuce, beets and goat cheese on four plates.
- Drizzle with pomegranate vinaigrette (recipe to follow)
- Whisk Olio Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, mustard, shallot and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in Olio Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil while whisking to create an emulsion. (Should slightly thicken). Taste to see if more oil is needed.
- Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whatever is not used, can be store in a tightly covered container, on the counter.