Asparagus Chopped Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing
Meyer Lemon Dressing
1/4 cup freshly squeezed Meyer Lemon juice (or 3 tablespoones freshly squeezed lemon juice)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon Olio Pedro Ximenez Sherry Vinegar
2 tablespoons prepared mayonnaise
1 heaping tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 teaspoon honey
Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup Olio Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
2 pocket-less pitas, cut in half each half cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
Salt and pepper
16 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
5 cups mesclun greens
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
8 ounces aged white cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup pitted and coarsely chopped black olives
1 cup canned, drained, rinsed and drained again
- Whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, Olio Pedro Ximenez Sherry Vinegar, mayonnaise, mustards, honey and Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the Olio Meyer Lemon Olive Oil until emulsified.
- Heat 2 cups of the canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat to 360 degrees F. Fry the pita slices, in batches, until lightly golden brown and crisp, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels and season with Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and pepper. Repeat.
- Heat a grill to high or a grill pan over high heat. Brush the asparagus with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and season with Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, for a crisp tender. Remove and cut on the biais into 1-inch long pieaces.
- Combine the meclun, tomatoes, cheese, cucumber, olives, chickpeas, and asparagus in a large bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss well to a coast, season with Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and peppe. Divide the salad among large dinner plates. Drizzle with more of the dressing and top with the pita chips.
Adapted from bobbyflay.com