Beef Tenderloin with Espresso Balsamic-Bleu Cheese Reduction
4 Beef Tenderloin steaks, 2 inches thick
2 Tbsp. Olio Traditional Aged Balsamic
3 Tbsp. Olio Rosemary Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. fresh Rosemary, chopped
Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
1/2 c. Olio Espresso Balsamic
1/3 c. red wine
1/3 c. crumbled Blue Cheese
4 Shallots, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
3 Tbsp. Olio Silver Tree Olive Oil, for roasting shallots
- Place filets in a Ziploc bag or airtight container. Drizzle Olio Traditional Aged Balsamic and Olio Rosemary Olive Oil over them. Sprinkle chopped rosemary, Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt & pepper. Mix all ingredients together until filets are thoroughly and evenly coated.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight. Take out of refrigerator approximately 30 minutes before grilling. Grill to desired doneness.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, immediately add the Olio Espresso Balsamic
- and red wine. Increase heat to high. Boil until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in blue cheese crumbles.
- Toss sliced shallots with enough olive oil to coat. Roast in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place each steak on a plate. Pour blue cheese reduction on top of each. Place roasted shallot rings on top of reduction.
Recipe by Beth Scanlon, CC, Food Fare Carterers, adapted from theolivetap.com