Lemon Pound Cake with Balsamic Strawberries
3 c. All Purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
¾ lb. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ½ c. sugar
1/3 c. sour cream
Zest of 2 limes
1/3 c. Olio Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
1 tsp. Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
6 eggs, room temperature
1 pt. strawberries, stemmed, washed and dried
4 Tbsp. Olio Bergamot Lemon Balsamic
2 tsp. sugar
Black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease with butter and dust two 9”x 5” loaf pans.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Beat the butter and sour cream until creamy. Add sugar and beat on high for 8 minutes.
- Add lime zest, Olio Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, and Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt.
- Add in eggs, one at a time. After the third egg, add a little of the flour. At low speed, or by hand, add the eggs and flour alternating until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter between the two pans. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes. Test the cake with a toothpick- if it does not come out clean, reduce heat again to 300 degrees F and bake until the “toothpick test” is clean.
- Serve with macerated balsamic strawberries
- Balsamic Strawberries
- Slice the strawberries. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon strawberries over sliced pound cake and serve.
Recipe by Beth Scanlon, CC, Food Fare Carterers, adapted from Midpress Olive Oil