Greek Rice with Mushroom Spinach and Feta
1 c. long grain rice, uncooked
1 ½ c. low sodium vegetable stock
½ c. water
3 tbsp. Olio Black Truffle Olive Oil
1 tbsp. butter
¾ c. onion, finely chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced or chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. dried oregano
6 c. fresh spinach leaves, washed, dried, coarsely chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp. dry sherry
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Over medium heat, in a sauce pan, combine rice, stock and water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer 15-18 minutes until rice has absorbed the liquid. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and oregano.
- Add spinach and black pepper, sprinkle with sherry, stir, and allow the spinach to wilt slightly.
- Add crumbled feta and toss, cheese will begin to melt.
- Add the cooked rice and toss until well blended. Serve.
Recipe by Beth Scanlon, CC, Food Fare Carterers, adapted from food.com