Lemon Lime Olive Oil Mini Muffins with Cranberry Balsamic Glaze
1 ¾ c. All-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
1 c. sugar
4 large eggs
Zest from 1 lime
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. milk
2 ½ Tbsp. Olio Bergamot Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
3/4 c. Olio Persian Lime Olive Oil
2/3 c. sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
1 c. dried cranberries (optional)
Powdered sugar, for dusting muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If using, place paper liners in the muffin tin.
- Combine together the flour, baking powder, and Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt in a medium bowl to blend. Use an electric mixer to beat the sugar, eggs, and zests in a large bowl until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the Olio Bergamot Lemon Balsamic Vinegar and milk.
- Gradually beat in the Olio Persian Lime Olive Oil. By hand, add the dry ingredients and stir until just blended (lumps are fine). If adding nuts or dried cranberries do so now. (Crush the almonds with your hands as you add them to the batter). Mix.
- Fill the muffin paper liners or tin almost to the top. Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes for mini muffins, 18-20 minutes for regular muffins.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. When cooled, sift powdered sugar over the muffins or drizzle cranberry balsamic vinegar syrup on top. (see recipe)
Recipe by Beth Scanlon, CC, Food Fare Carterers,
adapted from Midpress Olive Oil