Pappardelle Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms & Ricotta
8 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta)
2 tbsp. Olio Portobello & Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
3 cups baby spinach leaves
8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta with 1 tablespoon Olio Himalayan Pink Sea Salt according to package directions,
omitting additional fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl and reserve the cooking liquid.
2. In a saute pan, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Add shallots and garlic and sliced mushrooms. Saute until tender.
3. Add chopped spinach and allow it to wilt. Turn off the heat.
4. Combine 1/2 cup reserved hot cooking liquid and ricotta cheese in a food processor or blender, and process until well blended.
5. Combine hot pasta, cheese mixture, spinach mixture, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Add additional cooking liquid to moisten, if needed.
Recipe by Beth Scanlon, CC, Food Fare Carterers, adapted from Cooking Light, April 2011