Parmesan Pasta with Mushrooms Spinach & Truffle Oil
1 c. mushrooms, sliced (cremini or a mixture of wild mushrooms)
2 tbsp. butter
1 medium onion, sliced or diced
2 clove garlic, minced
2 c. fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
½ c. white wine
2/3 c. heavy cream
2-3 tbsp. Olio White Truffle Garlic Olive Oil
2 tbsp Olio Silver Tree Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olio Himalayn Pink Salt and pepper
¼ cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
¼ c. parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb. penne pasta (or whatever pasta desired)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain, drizzle with regular Olio Silver Tree Extra Virgin Olive Oil, stir and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp. Olio Silver Tree Extra Virgin Olive Oilover medium heat in a large sautee pan. Add onion, sauté until translucent and starting to darken in color, about 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, saute until the mushrooms are dark and have released their juices, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add spinach and. allow to wilt.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 2 tbsp. butter and whisk in flour and cook, whisking frequently, for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Whisk in cream, then parmesan cheese, grated, and then more cream as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour the parmesan cream sauce over the mushrooms in the sautee pan, add pasta, and mix to combine.
- Add Olio White Truffle Garlic Olive Oil, Olio Himalayn Pink Salt and pepper, to taste, and parsley.
- Serve with a side of truffle oil, if desired.
Recipe by Beth Scanlon, CC, foodfarecaterers.com