Sesame Asian Chicken
1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
1 c. chicken stock, low sodium
½ c. each water and soy sauce
¼ c. Olio Honey Ginger White Balsamic
¼ c. Olio cava vinegar
3 tbsp. light brown sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 ½ c. cornstarch
½ c. flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ c. Olio Arbequina olive oil, for sauteeing
Sesame seeds and sliced scallions, for garnish
1 tbsp. each of Olio Citrus Habanero Olive Oil and regular sesame oil
2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced or grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Whisk together chicken stock thru sesame oil in a bowl. Place 6 tbsp. in a zip-loc bag and add the cubed chicken, marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Reserve the remaining marinate.
- To make the sauce, heat 1 tbsp. each of sesame oil and Olio Citrus Habanero Olive Oil in a skillet. Add garlic and ginger, cook 1 minute. Add reserved marinate, bring to a simmer. Cook until darkened and thickened. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Sift together cornstarch, flour and baking soda. Remove chicken from marinate. Pat dry. Toss with the cornstarch mixture.
- Over medium-high, heat a large skillet with canola oil. Add chicken in 2 batches, removing cooked chicken to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Add chicken to sauce. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with garnish. Serve.