Shrimp Scampi Linguini
1.5 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined (31-40 count or larger)
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb. Pappardelle Linguini
1 package Olio’s Gourmet Creations Garlic & Herb Dipping Spice
1 c. Olio Silver Tree Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 2 tbsp.
¼ c. grated parmesan cheese (optional)
¼ c. Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring salted water to a boil in large pot, add pasta. Cook according to directions on the label.
- In a small bowl, combine the spice mix with 2 tbsp. of hot water. Stir and allow the mixture to make a paste. Add 1 cup olive oil. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add Olio Laconiko Olive Oil and heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Saute until tender, but not browned, (careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add the shrimp, cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. Shrimp will turn pink.
- Remove from the heat while draining the pasta.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta to the shrimp mixture. Add the small bowl of oil/spices mixture to the pasta. Combine well in the pan.
- Add grated parmesan cheese (optional), a sprinkle of parsley and serve.
Recipe by Beth Scanlon, CC, Food Fare Carterers